Turn it up: Songs that make you say “HELL YEAH!”
Imagine you’re driving, at a club/bar, hanging out with friends or pretending to study/work when all of a sudden…that song starts. That song that makes you smile and yell “HELL YEAH!” You either immediately start belting out the lyrics, or tell everyone to shut the hell up so your ears can soak up the sweetness.
There are definitely songs that make me smile as soon as I hear them. Not just because they’re great songs or because they immediately bring fond memories to mind, but because they have amazing beats, instrumentals or vocals in the intro, whether hard or soft, that force me to stop whatever else I’m doing for a moment so I can indulge in the music.
Here’s a list with YouTube hyperlinks so you can hear the songs. I tried limiting the list to songs that have epic intros. None of the songs are in any particular order, but they’re all awesome. Some songs are classics. Some, not so much. And I’m well aware many of the bands and artists on here have several songs worthy of the list.
If you think I’m missing some gems, let me know! I hope you have fun looking through these jammy jams. This took me several days to compile but it was fun, since I almost forgot how awesome some of these songs are.
Oh, and a lot of these songs are explicit. Enjoy.
– Purple Haze – Jimi Hendrix (1967) …Any of his songs could go in here. Seriously.❤
– These Arms of Mine – Otis Redding (1964) … Otis❤
– Ain’t Too Proud To Beg – The Temptations (1966) … “I knooowww you wanna leave me, but I refuse to let you goooo…” <3… God I love them.
– Come Together – The Beatles (1969) …How can you pick just one of their songs? I know. I picked this one because the intro sounds and feels like an electric current shooting through your body. Well, I think it does haha!
– At Last – Etta James (1960) …Her voice gives me the chills!
– Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe – Barry White (1974) …hell yes. Practice What You Preach, too.
– Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen (1975) …BEST.
– Baby I Love Your Way – Peter Frampton (1975) …I love the Big Mountain version, too!
– Do Ya Think I’m Sexy? – Rod Stewart (1978) …It’s just so fun haha.
– Cracklin’ Rosie – Neil Diamond (1970) …He has so many gems!!!
– Let’s Get it On – Marvin Gaye (1973) … baby making music.
– Kashmir – Led Zepplin (1975) …seriously one of the most epic song intros ever. Then again pretty much all their songs are epic.
– Rich Girl – Hall & Oates (1977) …such a great band!
– Gypsy – Fleetwood Mac (1982) …and pretty much all Fleetwood Mac’s songs.
– I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) – Whitney Houston (1984) …I LOVE WHITNEY HOUSTON! SO many classics.
– Billie Jean – Michael Jackson (1982) … And all his songs. King of Pop baby!
– When Doves Cry – Prince (1984) … all of his songs have great intros. Purple Fucking Rain. Best soundtrack ever.
– I’m on Fire – Bruce Springsteen (1985) …THE BOSS! Sexy song. Love it. And Glory Days is awesome, and so are all of his songs.
– Like a Prayer – Madonna (1989) …ALL HER SONGS.
– I Feel For You – Chaka Khan (1984) …Written by Prince so you know it’s good.
– Jungle Love – Morris Day and the Time (1984) …OH WE OH WE OH!
–Careless Whisper – George Michael (1984) …Hell Yeah. And of course “Wake Me Up Before You Go Go” by Wham!
– Uptown Girl – Billy Joel (1983) …and all his songs❤.
– Crazy Train – Ozzy Osbourne (1980) …the guitar in thisssss.
– Pour Some Sugar on Me – Def Leppard (1988) …The year I was born. Hell yeah.
– Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N’ Roses (1988) …Axl Rose and Slash <3<3<3
– (I Just) Died in Your Arms Tonight – Cutting Crew (1986) …the song that immediately plays in my mind when I see a really attractive man.
– Back in Black – AC/DC (1980) …THAT INTROOOOOO!
– Hypnotize – Biggie (1996) … baby-bay-bayyyy! Biggie for life. Hard to pick one song, but I tried!
– California Love – 2 Pac (1995) … Classic. I know he has a lot of classics but this one gets me every time.
– Suavamente – Elvis Crespo (1998) … perfect dancing song.
– The Boy is Mine – Monica and Brandy (1998) …As soon as this song comes on, you and your friend are battling. Bitch, he’s mine.
– Shoop – Salt-N-Pepa (1993) …Push It, too. Of course. But this one is my favorite!
– I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing – Aerosmith (1998) …I know. They have so many better rock classics. But don’t even pretend you don’t blast this song and sing every word when you’re alone!
– Gangta’s paradise – Coolio featuring L.V. (1995) …yessssssssssssssssssss.
– Regulate – Warren G featuring Nate Dogg (1994) …yesssssssssssssssssss.
– It Wasn’t Me – Shaggy (2000) …because we all love Shaggy.
–Too Close – Next (1998) …”I wonder if she can tell I’m hard right now…hmmm.” hahaha
– Friends in Low Places – Garth Brooks (1990) …This was the best version I could find on YouTube, but it doesn’t matter. You’re just going to sing along anyway!
– Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana (1991) …all songs really.
– Here Comes the Hotstepper – Ini Kamoze (1994) …My theme song.
– Can I Get A… – Jay-Z (1998) …HELL YEAH. He has so many gems, but this is still one of my faves.
– Luv 2 Luv Ya – Timbaland & Magoo (1998) …HELL YEAH!!!
– Barbie Girl – Aqua (1997) …”Hiyaahh Barbie!” hahahah
– To Be With You – Mr. Big (1991) …”Hold onnnn little girrlllll!” hahaha loves.
– Quit Playing Games With My Heart – Backstreet Boys (1998)… OK, so they have a lot of super popular songs, I just picked this one because it’s one of their earlier ones. And it’s one of their cheesiest videos hahaha.
– I Want You Back – N*SYNC (1998) …Same situation going on here as with the BSBs, so I picked an earlier one. But let’s be honest, every BSB and N*SYNC song deserves to be in here. I don’t care who you are. You STILL know all the words to all their songs.😉
– Superman – Goldfinger (1996) …If this song doesn’t make you think of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater, you’re a weirdo.
– Hit Me Baby (One More Time) – Britney Spears (2003)… obviously all of her songs from this date on deserve to be in here. But this is the hit WE ALL know every word to and this is the hit that propelled her to fame. Love you Britney.❤
– Whenever, Wherever – Shakira (2001) …LOVE HER!!! She’s amazing, her voice is amazing, her music is amazing and her hips don’t lie.
– Bubble Toes – Jack Johnson (2007) …My favorite.
– Say My Name – Destiny’s Child (2000) …And all Beyonce songs after.
– Lapdance – N.E.R.D. (2001) … Va. Beach baby!
– These Words – Natasha Bedingfield (2004) … I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOUUUUUU!
– Lollipop – Lil Wayne (2008) …that beat!
– Lollipop – Framing Hanley, covering Lil Wayne (2008) … Best. Cover. Ever.
– Milkshake – Kelis (2003) …you love it. still. after all these years.
– Get Right – J.Lo (2005) … LOVE her. LOVE this intro!
– Dammit – Blink 182 (2000) …love this intro! and yes they have many many gems.
– My Dick – Mickey Avalon (2006) …I know…you’re welcome.
– Beggin’ – Madcon (2008) …It’s a Four Tops cover, and I love it!
– Tik Tok – Ke$ha (2009) …I know, she has so many gems but this one is iconic. Hahahah.
– Flashing Lights – Kanye West (2007) …Love him.
– Some Cut – Trillville (2004) …..*squeak squeak* *squeak squeak*
– My Band – D12 (2004) …”I dunno dude” hahah love Eminem’s voice in this.
– Get Busy – Sean Paul (2003) … SEAN DE PAUL!
–Tipsy – J-Kwon (2004) …”Teen drinking is really bad. Yo I got a fake ID though.”
– Beating Heart Baby – Head Automatica (2006) … aaaahhhhhhh!
– We Are Young – Fun (2011) … I feel we have been patiently waiting for a song like this to come around❤.
– Rack City – Tyga (2011) …So it might not be poetry but the intro is SICK.
– Tighten Up – The Black Keys (2010) …Love it! And the video is awesome.
– Want You Back – Cher Lloyd (2012) …UHHH!
– Call Me Maybe – Carley Rae Jepsen (2011) …Yeah I know. I hate it too. So much that I LOVE IT.
– Cashin’ Out – Cash Out (2012) …Yeah I know. But every time it starts I get excited!
– Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO (2011) …Never gets old hahaha.
*** Note: I did not create any of these music videos. I pulled them all from YouTube, and all video credits go to those who made the videos.